Preventing is better than curing. Almost all dental problems can be prevented by sufficient oral hygiene. We are more than willing to help you with that. Our hygienists can clean your teeth and show you how to take good care of your teeth by teaching you the basic oral hygienic techniques.
The dental hygienists and assistants that work at Dentist Amsterdam are: Roos Tijmes, Malou Schreinemachers, Marly Stefens, Karlien Falcon, Marcha Sajovec, Ghada Kuhail, Lilik Siwandari, Ruth Thomassetti and Adonijah Anches.
A dental hygienist is a trained paramedic. The title “dental hygienist” is a protected title ïn The Netherlands and can only be carried by those in possession of a dental hygienist degree. This degreee is obtained after completing the four year bachelors program.
What does the dental hygienist do?
A dental hygienist has a preventive approach. A dental hygienist helps prevent cavities in teeth and gum disease. In the case of gum disease, the hygienist will also take care of the treatment.
Examples of activities :
– Comprehensive oral examination
– X-ray and / or dental impressions
– Provide information about the development of caries and gum disease
– Provide information with regards to food habits on teeth
– Provide information with regards to dental care
– Full dental cleaning, with tartar and tarnish being removed
– The application of dental protective agents
– Sealing (= the application of a “coating” on teeth of children)
– Polishing pads
– anesthesia in supervision of a qualified dentist
When do you need to visit a dental hygienist:
– If your gums bleeds when brushing
– If your gums are red and swollen
– If your gums withdraws
– If you regularly have holes
– If you frequently have tartar stains on your teeth
– If you often suffer from a bad taste or bad breath
Are the costs of a visit to the dental hygienist covered by the (Dutch) insurance companies?
More and more insurance companies reimburse the cost of the dental hygienist. Often, however, the insurance companies add a few conditions. It is wise to discuss costs and a possible reimbursement prior to the treatment.
For further information or to book an appointment, please call our office on 020-204 45 88 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org